8 Sept 2012

He hit me today

Hi.
No funny or witty comments today. Just me. Hurt and alone in my room.  Feeling sick just thinking about what just happened. I didn’t blame him for the first hit. I deserved that one. The second one on the other hand was totally out of line and I can still feel the burn on my cheek.


Drying my tears and blowing my nose.
Shaky hands and a stuttering voice.
A punch in the stomach from a slap on the face.
An image shattered and nothing can replace.
The feeling is strong but weak is what it is.
Unable to feel safety from an enemy’s kiss.
Deep breaths and now sore eyes.
Writing down so the next time wont be a surprise.

I didn’t get it before; how it could happen.
Didn’t get why they started rappin’.
Why not just say it as it is?
He hit you, he meant it, and he did not miss.
But now that it is real.
How come it’s not just the hurt that I feel?
The betrayal of trust and the lingering emptiness.
Is scary as hell when you can’t even confess.

I won’t tell. At least not now.
I love him to much and and I don’t know how.
How I would feel if he left my life
And how I would feel if he knew I wrote it down to send to his wife.

I know many of you out there feels the same, 
I guess I figured I'd give a helping hand. 
Don't know why it became a poem. 
Just know that when the feeling is strong enough to cave in, you should keep on going.
Good luck, may it be better than mine. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment