23 Nov 2010

A cold, a fever. Call it what you want, all I'm sayin is; I'm sick!

Hi there! As you probably got from the title, I'm sick. I almost fainted on my way to school, so I turned around and started walking home. When I got there it occurred to me that when you're having some sort of pain, either it is because of a wound you've just gotten or if you're just ill, like me, you start to think of how much it hurts and you start hoping you'll get better.

But when you then, sooner or later, get well, the appreciation of your well being is gone. You stop thinking of the bad feelings you've had and you start thinking to yourself  "Oh I wish I was sick, so that I wouldn't have to get to school!" or stuff like that. This happens without you even knowing it, and it is mostly patients who have recovered from cancer, or other diseases that make you think of how close to death you are, that starts to really, appreciate their life.

But, you see the thing is, we have to live our lives too the fullest when we're not sick or wounded. We have to make friends, and not be afraid of the risk that's always there. The risk that we might get hurt or injured or even get heartbroken for that matter. Why else should we live? 

I don't have much more to say, because all I've been doing today is watching movies and sleeping.

Have you ever thought of this?
Sanne<3

No comments:

Post a Comment