21 Mar 2013

Procrastination


Have it ever occurred to you that when your mother, father or any other ruling figure in your life tells you to do a simple but nonetheless boring task, you instantly find something "more important" or something "better" to do with your time? This thing we do, and lets all admit to it now because it is no reason denying it, where we constantly put of chores and other obligations is called procrastination.

The most common occurrence of procrastination comes from delegations of orders. The worst thing, I suppose, is the fact that procrastination leads to procrastination. Take cleaning for instance, everybody have at some point been told to clean their room. I, as many other teens, hear the never ending complains from my parents everyday. The most common phrase my mother use to describe my ever so slightly untidy room is, and I quote "A bombed whorehouse". I can assure you it does not, and have never EVER looked like one. This I can prove with 2 simple statements that you will just have to take my word for because there is no way of you actually being able to check.

  1. There was never any bomb in my room, therefor there is no ash after any fire or any burned clothes or objects.
  2. There are no bras lying around, as I believe there would be in a whorehouse. I wouldn't really know but logic and my weirdly functioning brain led me to the conclusion that there would be bras and undergarments lying around in a whorehouse. A bombed one would at least have pieces of it shredded around the room.
I know I got a little off topic but I think it turned out better than, well, the alternative. I should hope so at least. I guess we will never really know so there is no reason to think of what could have been, because it might still become something in the future.

So, by ending this awkward and some what random text (pardon the obvious teen adjectives) I guess I want to give you some peace if you are one of the very many daily procrastinators; you are not alone.

(It suddenly became very depressing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment